Anyway, in photography we've been working on two big projects these last couple of weeks. It's been rather tricky to get the type and quality of photographs that I want since I'm still dependent on crutches to get around but all and all I can say I'm pretty proud of what I was able to accomplish in spite of that. It helps that we have learned a few basic editing techniques in PhotoShop throughout the quarter that I've been able to utilize to make my photos even better.
I'm sure that no one really cares about my school projects but I want to put them up on the blog anyway since I'm pretty proud of them. I'm not saying I am a great photographer and these probably aren't impressive to any one else but I feel like I've come pretty far already.
So for my own ego and enjoyment:
Depth of Field
The purpose here was to take a photograph with sharp focus throughout - total depth of field.
Unedited:
Edited in PhotoShop:
The second portion of this project was to take a photograph using selective focus (shallow depth of field) making the focal point of the photo sharply focused and the surrounding environment a little out of focus.
Unedited:
Edited in PhotoShop:
Motion & Time
The first portion of this project was to take a Stop Action photograph - using a fast shutter speed to freeze a motion scene without any blur. The professor challenged us to capture a photograph of something that appears impossible.
Unedited:
Edited in Photoshop:
The second portion of this project included utilizing a technique called panning. The point is to take a photograph of an object moving at a high speed, keeping the object (or most of it) in focus and the surrounding environment blurred to depict speed and passing of time.
Unedited:
Edited in PhotoShop:
The last part was to use intentional blurring to create an interesting image. The object had to be stationary. Using only a long shutter speed and camera shake I had to try and make something interesting.
Unedited:
Edited in PhotoShop:
It drives me crazy that these photos don't center up on the blog but I have to make them big in order for anyone to be able to really see them so this is my inner perfectionist loosing a bitter battle.
Anyway, like I said, I've been having a lot of fun with this. We've got two more big projects left this quarter. Excited to get started. I also have a big project due at the end of the quarter in my design class that will enable me to use this newfound skill set. I have to take photos of everyday found objects (I can't create them) that look like letters of the alphabet. I have to find all 26 letters AND have a theme for the entire project. Some kid found the entire alphabet in various plants. Other example the teacher showed us involved reptiles. I'm thinking I might try and do a hipster husband theme. Michael's not really on board but I'll have to just talk him into it. The letter B can be his RayBans. I can rotate the photo vertically. The Q can be the back tire of his road bike. If I frame it correctly I can make the headstock of his guitar look like an E. Can take a photo of him wearing earbuds for a Y. Close up of his hand holding a vintage typewriter mug - the handle will be the letter D. I can get the letter L from taking a side picture of his legs and feet (wearing chucks, of course). O can be him holding his favorite Bon Iver record. I think I'd also like to do the whole thing in black and white. Anyway, I have a lot of ideas so we'll see.










No comments:
Post a Comment